On the 130th anniversary of Jabbar Baghtcheban’s birth, May 9, the founder of modern preschool education and also deaf education in Iran, the Institute for Research on the History of Children’s Literature has decided to establish Jabbar Baghtcheban Award for Reading Promoters to honor this prominent educator, promoter and children’s playwright. The first Jabbar Baghtcheban prize was awarded in the first two-day Read with Me Conference on 10-11 November 2016 and ten distinguished and creative teachers who had outstanding achievements in reading promotion and made remarkable contribution to Read with Me project were praised in this ceremony. The award consists of a Jabbar Baghtcheban statuette, a sum of money and a plaque.
The 2016 Award Winners
- Narges Tajik (MahmoudAbad Kids House – Pooyesh, Tehran)
- Raheleh Ala (Supportive Education Center of MahmoudAbad, Tehran)
- Maryam Hajizadeh Noghab (Noughabkhor Village, Ghaen, South Khorasan)
- Nasrin Gholami (Shahrak Ghods Village, Ghaen, South Khorasan)
- Seddigheh Masinainejad (Tabas Masina, Darmian, South Khorasan)
- Rogheyyeh Bagheri (Khusf, South Khorasan)
- Nosrat Soleymani Robati (Boshrouyeh, South Khorasan)
- Zahra Ghasemi Tabas (Darmian, South Khorasan)
- Marzieh Keikha (Zahedan, Sistan and Balouchestan)
- Jalil Barichi (Nomadic School in Zahedan, Sistan and Balouchestan)
Jabbar Baghtcheban award is sponsored by Omran Azarestan Construction Company. This company has also supported several Read with Me projects in Sistan and Balouchestan province financially.
This post is also available in: Persian